WRITE FOR US
We’re always looking for new authors. If you’ve got an idea that will challenge our readers and move humanity’s collective intellect forward, we want to hear about it. But you don’t need to wait for an idea that will redefine the scientific method. Just aim to bring readers a fresh perspective on a topic that’s keeping you up at night.
We want your article to be at its best, and we’ll push you to get there. Once accepted, you’ll get extensive feedback from our team, and you’ll work closely with an editor on revisions.
It’s also rewarding. Thousands of your peers (and potential employers, clients, or publishers) will read your work, and you’ll also learn a lot in the process—about communicating your ideas, about writing, and even about the topic you thought you already knew so well when you started.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You may submit a rough draft, a partial draft, or a short pitch (a paragraph or two summarizing your argument and why it matters to our readers) paired with an outline. The more complete your submission is, the better feedback we can give you. Keep in mind that we only accept original content—we do not publish anything that’s been published elsewhere (including on your blog).
Please don’t send us press releases or sales pitches. They make us feel sad inside.
Before you submit, look at our recent articles for insight into structuring and formatting your piece, and make sure your submission:
- Has a thesis and offers a clear argument—not just a list of tips and tricks.
- Has a voice. Be bold, interesting, and human.
- Is written for an audience of science enthusiasts, academics or similar.
- Is supported with convincing arguments, not just opinions. Fact-check, and cite sources where appropriate.
- Uses simple words to break down complex scientific ideas to ensure that everyone can get the most of it.
We’re currently accepting submissions that are:
Is the topic, narrative, character, or outcome something thought-provoking?
If a million people saw this story, would it make the world a better place?
Are there enough visual elements to engage readers?
Would you share it? Would your friends share it?
WHAT WE PUBLISH
We publish articles of anywhere between 600–4,000 words, depending on the complexity of the subject. 1,000 words is about average. Articles may be casual in tone and content. You could state your opinions on trending topics, propose new theories based on existing science facts, discuss cutting-edge topics in science and technology, present your research to the general public, and comment on the work of other scientists using logic, reason and rational thinking.
HOW TO SUBMIT
Email us your submission. We prefer submissions as Google documents so that editors can easily provide feedback and guidance directly within your draft. You may also send us in the following formats: TXT, PDF, DOC, DOCX, or a link to an HTML document. (Please do not send a ZIP file of assets.)
Here’s what happens after you hit Send:
- An editor will review your submission and determine whether it’s a potential fit.
- The editor will collect the team’s feedback and get back to you with notes.
- Once you’ve addressed our comments, send your revised draft back. The team will discuss it again and let you know if we want to accept it.
- If we accept your article, an editor will work closely with you on things like organization, argumentation, and style.
- We’ll schedule you for publication as soon as revisions are complete. We can’t give you a specific publication date until the article is almost ready to go live.
- Once published on the site, the article will be distributed across a number of social media platform to ensure that millions of people will read it.
WHY PUBLISH ON DAILY ACCORD?
Unlike other media platforms, publishing on Daily Accord offers you a number of advantages:
- You receive an extensive feedback on how to improve your piece to meet the needs of the general public.
- Your ideas and opinions will reach millions of readers across the globe through our social media platforms that have garnered over 5.5 billion views, 9.7 million fans, and over 400 million weekly reach.
- We deliver your ideas to a wide range of audience from the general public regardless of their educational background, age and geographical location. This is how Daily Accord will help you make an impact in society.
- A chance to turn your article into a short video that can be viewed by millions of people across the globe.
In order to maintain the credibility and high quality of our articles, we only accept submission from academics and journalists. You are more than welcome to submit your work if you are either of the two. Please keep in mind to mention the following in your submission:
- Affiliation: which university or research institution you graduated from or currently working at.
- Degree: what is the level of your education.